After months of waiting, I am so excited to be able to bring Massage Therapy back to our community! Here you will find the Safety Plan for re-opening, which will also be located at the office. Please contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.
Covid-19 Re-Opening Safety Plan
Finger Lakes Office of Alternative Therapies
Shawn Marie Jones, LMT
Licensed Massage Therapist
751 Pre Emption Rd.
Geneva, NY 14456
- Clients will wait in their car, until they are notified when they are able to enter the office, and have confirmed that they have not had any Covid-19 contraindications (fever of 100.4F or higher, or any flu-like Covid-19 related symptoms) in the last 48 hours.
- Clients must wear a face mask to be able to enter the office. If they do not have one, one will be provided for them
- Clients and Therapist will maintain 6 ft distance from each other, whenever possible.
- Clients will be directly escorted to their session room, where all intake, massage session and post-session protocols will take place.
- Facemasks will be worn by the client during the massage session, while the client remains supine (on their back). When prone (face down), the mask may be removed, and adequate face rest coverings will be in place to further keep both client and therapist safe.
- Therapist will wear a facemask, face shield/goggles and an apron/smock throughout the entire massage session and interaction with the client during the appointment.
- Payment of services rendered, and future appointment scheduling will be conducted in the session room, after the client has completed getting up and is fully dressed.
- Clients will be directly escorted to the office exit by the Therapist at the end of their appointment.
- Therapist will maintain a ‘By Appointment Only’ scheduling standard and maintain 30 minutes between each appointment for proper cleaning and disinfecting.
- Guests are not permitted to enter the office with a client and must wait outside. In the event a guardian must be on premises for an underage client, there is seating available, that has floor tape demonstrating 6 ft distance to be able to maintain safe distancing from anyone else in the office.
- Facial massage or any massage work on the face that would require the removal of a face mask is not permitted at this time.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in every session room and in the waiting area. Sanitizing hand soap will be provided in the bathroom.
- All high traffic surfaces will be disinfected at the start of the day, in between every client session, and at the end of the day.
- Therapist will remove soiled linens after a session and immediately, thoroughly wash their hands.
- Massage tables, face rest covers and all tools used within a massage session will be disinfected in between each appointment.
- Therapist will disinfect their face shield/goggles between each client.
- Therapist will launder cloth face masks daily and replace them as needed.
- Therapist will launder each blanket used per client in a massage session, daily.
- The bathroom and waiting area will be cleaned daily.
- Windows will be opened to help promote air quality and flow in between client sessions.
- Every client will be contacted prior to their first appointment to the office of all safety measures and protocols.
- Signage will be used to remind clients of the need for PPE, Social Distancing, hand sanitizing and hand washing needs.
- Therapist will provide a Covid-19 information and consent form for each client, prior to their first appointment back in the office.
- Therapist will continue to ask screening questions related to Covid-19 contraindications prior to any following appointments for each client.
- Therapist will also keep a screening record for themselves.
- A cleaning log will be kept by the Therapist at all times.
- A record of all appointments will be kept in the event clients need to be notified if the Therapist is contacted by a tracer, or any individual who has been in the office and tests positive for Covid-19. At that time, clients will be encouraged to sign a release form, in order to provide their information to the Dept of Health.
- Therapist will continue to be tested for Covid-19 every 14 days while we are under Phase 3 mandates and will contact all clients and NY Dept of Health should the Therapist ever test positive for Covid-19.